We take great pride in our service and support, which has helped us grow the group of Pack partners from two to 27 in the past five years. Below are some of the best features of our streaming partnerships.
- 24-7 phone and email support with on-site training as needed
- Content accessible on all major web browsers, Androids, iPhones/ iPads and various other smart devices
- Great revenue splits (60 percent of gross sales) for partners choosing pay model
- Low per-event costs (from $30 for unlimited viewers) for partners choosing free model
OVERVIEW: PACK PARTNERS
Pack Network joins with partners such as schools, organizations, athletic conferences and small businesses to offer streaming video and audio, both live and on-demand.
Pack Network provides equipment packages, support, training and a world-class content delivery network for its partners, who then are able to manage, staff and produce events on their own.
There are two models:
Pay to access
The audience pays to view/listen to some or all of the content, typically via per-event or annual subscriptions. The revenue generated is then shared between Pack Network and its partner.
PRO: Revenue source can fund or offset any equipment and staffing costs
CON: Pay model greatly reduces the audience size compared to free content
Free to access
The audience does not pay to view/listen to the content. The partner purchases hosting and delivery services (and possibly production services) from Pack Network, typically on a per-event basis.
PRO: Audience size is maximized, creating greatest value for recruiting and potential sponsors
CON: No revenue is generated from subscriptions and per-event or annual hosting/delivery charges are incurred
Monmouth puts it all together: Monmouth University started using the Pack Network streaming video system for the 2011-12 athletics season and quickly began producing multiple-camera productions with an in-house staff. Notice the slick score bugs and lower-third graphics with on-screen clock.
Multi-purpose system: In addition to producing nearly 100 live webcasts each season, Pack Network streaming partner Bryant University uses its webcast production system and equipment to create various on-demand and promotional videos.
Highlight packages: Le Moyne has been a Pack Network streaming partner since 2008. Le Moyne staffs their entire live production with students and then clips up highlights immediately after the events. Notice the creative use of the on-screen hashtag for Twitter posting.
HOW IT WORKS
1. We discuss your goals and help you decide on the best webcast model as described above: pay or free content.
2. We review equipment options and put together a package of equipment that contains everything you'll need to get going.
3. We create a website to host your live and on-demand video/audio content. Typically this is a branded .TV sister site to the partner's official website, mirroring Major League Baseball's MLB.com and MLB.TV model.
4. We train your staff to use the equipment and our webcast system, which allows for easy web-based management for scheduling, starting and archiving webcast events.
5. You are ready to schedule and produce your events, and we provide 24-7 support via phone and email.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
Your productions can feature many elements of traditional TV such as:
- Multiple camera angles
- Custom graphics & branding
- Commercials & video spots
- Score bugs and clock overlays for sports content
You also can use the Pack Network webcast system of computer hardware/software to create on-demand content:
- Highlights & features
- Coaches shows & interviews
OPTIONS & PRICING
The Pack Network streaming system is easy to use and very affordable.
- Flexible set up, from simple one-camera webcasts to advanced multiple-camera productions
- Partners own all equipment and retain 100 percent of any advertising revenue
- No-cost startup option for partners choosing pay model (equipment costs may be purchased over time from revenue proceeds)
- For partners choosing the free model, the per-event hosting/delivery fee decreases as the number of events increases
- No annual fees or overage charges (unlimited viewers)
- Pay model:
Pricing & features overview (PDF)
- Free model:
Pricing & features overview (PDF)